30-Day Return Policy
All of our products have a money back guaranteed for thirty (30) days from date of purchase (herein defined as the date a product is ordered and payment is submitted through the Site). If a customer decides to return a product to Gorilla Machining after keeping it for more than 30 days, they will be subject to a 25% restocking fee. Please note that we only accept unused and undamaged products for returns. If a product appears to have been tampered with, damaged, or used, we cannot accept it back under any circumstances.
How to Return a Product:
1) To initiate a warranty claim, please submit an RMA request from the website directly If you require additional help processing your warranty, please reach out to our customer service desk at salesgorillamachining@
gmail.comand they can help guide you further.
2) Once an RMA has been received our team will be in contact with you and provide you with a return number and shipping label. We will also provide you with an estimated timeline so you can stay aware of the process.
3) Please remove all accessories/attachments before returning item. Extra fees may be charged if accessories are not removed. Then package your item and drop off at the shipping carrier.
4) If you contact us with questions or to inquire about the status of your return, we may request that you provide the return number indicated before.
Terms and Limitations
- We reserve the right to reject any returned product and to decline to issue any reimbursement if in our sole judgment the returned product has been damaged by you or otherwise while in your custody or care.
- We reserve the right to repair, replace, or issue credit for the returned product regardless of the requested outcome.
- No return payment will issue to you until we have received, processed, and accepted your returned product, packaging, proof of purchase, and return tag.
- Typical processing time is 1-14 business days from the date we receive your return.
What is Not Covered by our Gorilla MFG LLC Guarantee?
- Normal wear and tear.
- Products that have been modified/serviced by another manufacturer or gunsmith.
- Damage caused in whole or part by failure to perform proper care and maintenance.
- Damage caused in whole or part by the use of nonstandard ammunition, including without limitation high velocity or high pressure ammunition, tracer ammunition, or hand-loaded ammunition.
- Damage caused in whole or part by unauthorized modification or alteration, unauthorized repair, misuse, or abuse.